Monday, December 12

Karen Burniston December Pop it ups Designer Challenge

Hello Karen Burniston Fans and today I am taking part in the first of the December Challenges and this time the challenge is.

"All I want for Christmas" - use your all-time favorite Pop it Ups die (the one you would want for Christmas if you didn't already own it) for a holiday card. 

There are so many dies in the Pop it ups collection, it is hard to find a favourite, but we have had to choose one.My go to favourite is the Katie Pivot die.  One of the earliest from Karens line but one I grab time and time again.  The ease of use for this die is one reason.  But also I just love the design.

I decided to cut this twice into the 5" x 7" card as there was enough room. I had not done it before and it worked really well.



I admit to going a little crazy with the decorator dies and I did use
a stack of different ones.  To decorate the Pivot panels
I used the dies from the Katie Accordion die set for the larger one and the smaller one that has been stamped on is from the Katie Pivot set.

On the front I used the tree three times from the Holiday Charms
set and the Holiday stamps from Karen Burniston too.


On the inside I used Rudy the Reindeer, I will always remember
a trip to Knowle Park in Kent a few years back, we saw the most
beautiful white stag and I made a card with that style of deer before
and I enjoyed how it looked so I decided to do that again.

The heart was from the Heart Pivot set.
The parcels were hand cut but i used the bow from
the Evergreen Pivot die set.

You can find the links to the rest of the team on left on my blog, please do check out what they have made, there are some fabulous cards.  And Karen will post her card on Tuesday.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...